Do you live in the South Wales Valleys? Are you an unemployed adult who just needs that little extra support to help you get a job and keep it? Then the Access Programme could be just for you. Access provides vocational training grants to help you update your skills and improve your employment opportunities.
What is in it for me?
You could receive:
- A vocational training grant of up to £1,500 to help you update your skills to return to work;
- Up to £200 of extra support to help remove barriers to vocational training such as childcare or transport costs.
Am I eligible to take part?
Careers Wales advisers will assess your needs and confirm whether you are suitable for support from the Access programme.
To be eligible, you must:
- Live in the south Wales valleys area (within the council authorities of Blaenau Gwent, Bridgend, Caerphilly, Carmarthenshire, Merthyr Tydfil, Neath Port Talbot, Rhondda Cynon Taff, Swansea or Torfaen);
- You are aged 18 or over (and you are not eligible for any other programmes, including European Social Fund programmes);
- Be unemployed and registered with Jobcentre Plus;
- Not have very much current, relevant and transferable work experience.
How do I find out more?
Contact Careers Wales for further information and advice.
Book 5 places and get a 10% discount!
If you book five or more places on any of our scheduled courses in Cardiff or Swansea then we will give you a 10% discount. Courses must be booked at the same time and paid for in advance of the date of the first course.
Please email us at [email protected] for availability and quote this offer to receive your discounted training.